Thursday, January 15, 2009

Doepfer A-117 mod

WARNING: this is far from technically sound. I am not a learned EE. These are guesses based of my limited knowledge.

My Doepfer A-117 Digital Noise module started having some issues. At first all I could get was a feeble oscillator noise that sounded more like an analog (non precision) oscillator driver that was used to drive the digital noise generator's clock.

I probed the circuit and found that making a connection to a resistor to one point on the newly replaced ext. input jack brought back the digital noise but now it could be tuned to the source by adjusting the rate knob.

I will post a picture of the board and perhaps someone more knowledgeable will figure what part is actually not functioning properly. Anyone have any thoughts feel free to post of contact me directly.

Maybe this will turn out to be a good and usable mod for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment